Verdile's Restaurant... Then & Now Verdile's began as a very small operation started by native Italian husband and wife, Raphael and Frances Verdile in 1943. Raphael managed the kitchen while Frances greeted customers and served the dinners. Verdile's moved to its present location in 1951 and turned over a great portion of the management to Michael, the eldest Verdile son. In 1961, the dining facilities were again enlarged to include the present dining room. Today, the third generation owner, Michael Verdile Jr., is honored to continue the Verdile legacy and follow in the steps of his father and grandparents. In keeping with Italian tradition, Michael is supported by family to operate the restaurant. As such, it is our mission to attract and accommodate families to make Verdile's, "their place". We provide a nostalgic atmosphere that offers affordable prices while delivering black tie, attentive service, reminiscent of years past.